Clean, Clear, and Healthy: The Best Skincare Tips for Tweens
In your teenage years, it becomes more important than ever to take care of your skin. Proper skin care will help your skin look and feel healthy and help prevent pimples and blackheads. Fortunately, it isn’t difficult at all to take care of your skin – it just takes a few minutes a day, and the rewards are worth it: clear, soft skin you’ll feel good in. Here are a few tips to help you understand skin care for tweens and teens a little better and create a tween skin care routine just for you.
Washing Your Face – the Foundation of Good Skin Care for Tweens
Your face getting a little bit dirty won’t magically or suddenly give you acne. However, letting dirt accumulate on your skin or going to bed with a dirty face certainly won’t help you achieve your clear-skin goals. Your skin is exposed daily to many things that clog pores, including dirt, sweat, oil, sunscreen and makeup. The very first step in any tween skin care routine is keeping your face clean.
Here’s how to do it:
- Choose a gentle face wash such as Luv Ur Skin. Avoid face washes and cleansers that contain harsh chemicals, which can irritate your skin and be bad for your overall health. Our face wash is a gentle, foaming, pH-balanced face wash that removes dirt, impurities and makeup without irritation. It also contains Plantolin, a beneficial plant extract native to Australia, and Aloe Vera for extra-gentle cleansing and moisturizing. Luv Ur Skin Face Wash is suitable for all skin types and leaves your skin clean, clear, and fresh every time you use it.
- Use the right technique. Be gentle with your skin – don’t scrub hard or use “scrubby” pads or rough cloths. Wet your face and hands. Using either your bare fingers or a very soft cloth, massage the face wash over your face and neck gently. Use circular motions to rub the cleanser into your skin and make sure that all dirt and makeup are removed.
- Rinse your face very well. Avoid leaving cleanser behind on your skin. First of all, even a gentle cleanser may be drying if left to sit on your skin for a long time. Also, you want to remove all the soap because all the dirt will come off with it. Rinse your face and neck completely using warm water, and then pat your skin dry with a soft, clean towel. That’s it!
Moisturizing Your Face – An Essential Part of Tween Skin Care
Although you are removing surface oil from your skin on purpose when you wash, you don’t want to remove all the oil – only some of it. When you wash your face, you may wash away “good” oils that help protect your skin and keep it soft. Even if you’re using a gentle, natural face wash, it’s still important to moisturize after washing. Using a natural moisturizer every day now will help keep your skin looking and feeling young and fresh for years to come. It will also protects the skin and helps to keep it hydrated and not feel tight and dry on a day-to-day basis.
To moisturize, use just a dab (about the size of a pea) of lotion. Rub it into your face with your clean fingertips, massaging until your skin absorbs it all (it will look like it disappears right into your skin). Be sure to choose a gentle moisturizer such as Luv Ur Skin for a light, non-greasy formula that absorbs easily. Our face moisturizer hydrates and nourishes your skin, reduces inflammation, and soothes your skin without clogging your pores.
Remember Your Lips
The lips are an important – and sensitive – part of the face that often get overlooked by tween skin care products. The skin on your lips is thinner and more delicate than the skin on other parts of your body. That’s why they get chapped or crack easily, and why it’s so important to take care of them. Your lips also cannot produce melanin to protect themselves from the sun, and they have fewer oil glands than your other skin, as well. All of this means that your lips don’t have much natural protection of their own, so it’s up to you to keep them healthy and soft.
You may have noticed that your lips are most likely to become chapped and irritated in the winter, and that’s because cold, dry air can be very dehydrating for your skin. However, winter isn’t the only season that presents challenges for your lips. Sun, wind and dry air can all lead to problems with your lips, so it’s best to use a natural lip balm every day, year-round. When you use lip balm regularly, you’ll heal chapped lips or help prevent them from becoming chapped in the first place.
When you’re looking for the best skincare for tweens, remember to include lip care. Luv Ur Skin offers two wonderful lip balms specially formulated for tweens and teens: Berrilicious Lip Balm and Vanilla Cream Lip Balm. Berrilicious contains rich, fruity berry extracts while Vanilla Cream is formulated with pure vanilla extract. Both balms are enriched with beeswax, jojoba seed extract, and Plantolin. Our lip balms protect, nourish, and hydrate your lips – and they smell fantastic, too.
Surprising Skincare Tips You Should Know
Not everything you do for your skin involves washing or moisturizing. Did you know that the healthy lifestyle choices you make every day basis also affect how your skin looks and feels? Here are some things you can do outside of the shower to keep your skin clean, clear, and healthy.
- Drink the right liquids. Lots of water is key to keeping your skin properly hydrated and soft. You can also drink green juices and smoothies with lots of fruits and veggies to deliver the vitamins you need and help oxygenate your skin, keeping it healthy.
- Eat a healthy diet. Remember how your skin needs a certain amount of oil to stay soft and smooth? It has a natural barrier that helps it retain this moisture, and omega-3 fatty acids help keep this barrier working at its best. Try to eat flax seeds, walnuts, and other foods high in these omega-3s.
- Avoid touching your face. Unless you’re washing or moisturizing, it’s hands off. Not only can your hands spread bacteria to your face and lead to breakouts, but they can also carry germs that can make you sick, such as the flu virus.
- Watch your exposure to sun and heat. When you’re going to be outside, either wear sunscreen or cover up with long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat – or both. Furthermore, try not to get too close to fireplaces or heaters. The direct heat exposure can lead to inflammation and cause collagen to break down, which may result in premature wrinkles later.
Fun Facts About Your Skin
Your skin is an amazing organ. It’s more than just the outermost layer of your body. Without it, you wouldn’t be able to do most of the things you do every day without even thinking about them, such as breathing and moving around. Here are a few interesting facts about your skin that will help shed some light on why proper skincare for tweens matters so much.
- Skin has three layers. Your skin is your largest organ, and it is made up of three distinct layers: the epidermis (the waterproof top layer), the dermis (the middle layer where your hair follicles are located), and the hypodermis (the inner layer containing fat and connective tissue that keep it attached to your muscles).
- Cells in the epidermis determine your skin color. The epidermis contains special cells known as melanocytes that produce melanin, the substance that gives your skin pigment (color). People with more melanin have darker skin, while those with less have lighter skin.
- Your skin is heavy. It might surprise you to know that your skin can weigh as much as 15 percent of your body weight. That means that your skin can easily weigh more than 20 pounds. That means that an adult men who weighs 200 pounds are is walking around carrying 30 pounds of skin!
- Your skin renews itself regularly. The deepest layer of your skin produces new cells that take about a month to reach the surface, where they grow harder and, finally, shed. That means that your skin is constantly transforming into new skin and keeping itself healthy and refreshed.
- Your legs are likely to be the driest part of your body. Have you ever noticed how dry the lower part of your legs can get in the wintertime? That’s because this area contains fewer oil glands than any other part of your body. Using a gentle moisturizer such as Luv Ur Skin Body Lotion can help keep this unique skin hydrated and smooth.
Natural Skincare Is the Best Skincare for Tweens
How you take care of your skin now will have a long-term effect. When you establish a healthy skincare routine early, you’re developing good habits that will help you keep your skin in the best possible shape for life. One of the most important things you can do now is to choose natural tween skin care products developed specifically for young sensitive skin.
When you buy random products off the shelves of your local stores, you expose your skin to hundreds of different chemicals. It’s impossible to know what is truly safe and which chemicals might have harmful effects, ranging from immediate skin irritation all the way to more serious long-term problems. You can avoid these issues by choosing natural tween skin care – products made of safe, wholesome ingredients found in nature, designed to take care of your delicate skin.
Your skin is your largest organ, and it absorbs almost everything you put on it. So, it’s best to use products with ingredients you recognize – or that you learn about and make sure they’re safe before applying. When you choose natural skincare for tweens, you won’t have to worry about added chemicals that may not be safe. There are many natural ingredients available that can keep your skin clean, healthy, and protected from the sun and the dirt and debris in your environment. These ingredients are also gentler on the skin and less likely to cause breakouts and skin irritation.
Natural skincare is also better for the environment. When you use products that contain a lot of chemicals, those chemicals get washed down the drain into the local waterways. Many of these products require mining, which is bad for the earth in several different ways.
Tween Natural Skin Care by Luv Ur Skin
The good news is that you can choose natural products such as Luv Ur Skin and get the clean, clear, and healthy skin you want without any of the problems associated with harsh chemicals. If you have sensitive skin, as many young teens do, then it’s even more important to look for gentle, natural products. Luv Ur Skin is designed specifically for young skin and contains only natural, safe, effective ingredients – never anything harsh or harmful.
Luv Ur Skin offers a natural alternative to traditional skincare, with formulations to suit all skin types. Our products are the result of years of research and contain the most natural, safest, and healthiest ingredients that do the very best job at keeping your skin looking great. The Luv Ur Skin range includes face and body products that contain no animal-derived ingredients, synthetic emulsifiers, artificial preservatives, or fillers. We choose the most beneficial plant and mineral extracts and we never compromise on quality.
Luv Ur Skin is a wonderful way to take care of yourself, develop healthy habits, and create a simple yet effective beauty routine that will help you look and feel your best every day. Choose from our face washes, moisturizers, lip balms, body washes, body lotions, face masks, nail polishes, and fun accessories to build a skincare routine that’s tailored to your needs. At Luv Ur Skin, we make the best possible products to care for your skin – see the difference for yourself.