Easy + Simple Body Scrub
We all know that winter can dry out your skin because it's exposed to the heater/fire place, taking hot showers or not drinking enough water. Our skin tends to dry out, leaving it to flake off or enough crack. We have something easy and simple to help you out, a DIY body scrub. You'll need the following ingredients. Ready? Let's begin.
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 5 - 15 drops of your favourite essential oil (we recommend something citrus)
Now that we have all our ingredients, lets get started making the scrub.
- Lightly ground the sea salt. We want the sea salt to be kind of a grainy texture to better exfoliate your skin.
- Combine all the ingredients together using a spoon to get a paste like consistency.
- In the shower or bath, rinse your body and apply a good amount onto your body.
- Lightly massage all over your body in circular motions. Ensure you take your time to exfoliate your body, you don't have to be rough.
- Rinse the mixture off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply our newest product "Spoil Me" Body Butter all over.
You should use the body scrub at least once a week. The sea salt works well as an exfoliating agent, while the coconut oil keeps your skin hydrated leaving it silky soft.
We also have a face scrub called, "Scrub Off" that is a pure bamboo scrub. It gently exfoliates your face removing dead skin cells and allows your face to breath naturally unlike other brands.
Let us know if you make this body scrub, don't forget to tag and hashtag us at @luv_urskin #luvurskin and #LUSGirl.
Love Izzi and LUS Team xoxo